Friday, November 29, 2013

November Twenty Ninth... Kiddos :)

Today I came to a realization that my kids are awesome (this is not the first time I have come this realization, it's about a daily occurrence). They always have been awesome. We love them, they are hard and crazy but simply amazing. I am so grateful for my kids and for who they are, and who they are becoming.
Today, specifically, Don and I are grateful for their desire to be good and especially to be healthy. We have not been the perfect examples of health, not even close. But they understand how important it is to be healthy and they encourage us in our goals. Here are just a few examples from today:
-the kids encourage Don to go the gym, and mommy to get some needed rest to get better
- the kids helped us get up and get moving at the park by playing tag
- the kids are seeing how Don is succeeding at his goals and they are letting him know how proud of him they are
- the kids are constantly eating fruits and veggies, we actually have to get after them to stop eating so many vegetables... and then we look at each other in bewilderment and gratitude
- the kids instead of asking for a snack ask specifically for a healthy snack.
- the kids come in and join me or cheer me on when I exercise (which was not today, but I am still grateful for it)
- tonight we had jello for dessert and they ate lima beans instead (and cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)

I am so grateful for them and for how strong they already are. I hope that Don and I can help them to stay this way forever so hopefully they won't have to deal with the same challenges we have. They are wonderful examples to us, and wonderful motivators and I love them SO much! They make life fun and worth it, even when it is hard (which is a lot of the time). They are so strong and silly and just plain wonderful.

Day #29: I am grateful for overly happy and overly healthy kids.


2 comments:

  1. How can we have that healthiness rub off onto us? I've tried to get Hadlee to eat more veggies and it's like pulling teeth! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys rub off on us soon. Maybe if my boys drank some of your magical juice, they would be cured of their ailments. Your kids are great!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love