Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Thirtieth... We made it!

It has been so fun (and not always easy) to blog for the last 30 days, this is the most consistent I have ever been. Thank you Angela and Ashlee for doing it with me, it has been so fun to see what you have been grateful for, and I have learned a lot about you, and from you :).

Today I am grateful for legacies. A legacy is the whole reason I started this blog. I wanted to carry on my grandfathers legacy of leather work. I have not been the best about doing it, and I hope to get better as I try to do it more. I did however do some leather work this week. Leigha helped too with the deer, one is for her and one is for her friend.

The Nativity scene I have been wanting to do for a while, and I was really happy with how it turned out until a drip of water from my stain brush landed on Mary's forehead and now she looks Indian, oh well.

I have been reading a lot of family history stories, and have been working on turning one of them into a children's book for my family. It has been so much fun to look how the little things that people did were what turned into the biggest things for our whole family. I am so grateful for their choices and the legacies they have left behind for me. I am grateful for the legacy of strength and hard work but most especially of faith and for the gospel. I hope a testimony of the gospel is a legacy I will be able to pass on to my children and all of my descendants. 

I am grateful for my grandpa's legacy. I am so grateful that I have gotten to be so close to him, and that I was able to live with him and my grandma for one of the hardest times of my life... the teen years. I am grateful for their legacy of love and faith and endurance. I am grateful for their legacy of service. They served 4 missions together and I am so grateful for their amazing example. My grandmas legacy has changed my life as well, she had cancer for 34 years and never let it stop her from doing the most important things (including all 4 of those missions). I am so grateful that I was able to watch them and see how they lived their lives day to day. I loved sitting at the top of the stairs every night as I secretly listened to them study the scriptures together and talk about how much they loved the scriptures. I gained so much from their examples.

I am grateful for my mom and the legacy she is leaving me. She is the most kind and gentle woman. She is also so strong and a miracle. I remember almost every night from sneaking listening to my parents to my moms room to say good night, and nearly every night the door would open a crack and then stop because it would hit my mom (I promise this was not abusive). She would be kneeling in prayer, and I would listen until she was done so I could give her a hug good night. I am so grateful for her legacy of prayer and of love.

I hope that I can leave a good legacy for my children. I hope they will know and never doubt how much I love them, and also how much I love the Lord.

I am grateful for the legacies of so many other people who have had a huge impact on my life.

Day #30: I am grateful for legacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love