Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Sound of Happiness Makes ALL the Difference

Today was not an easy day to say the least.... it seemed to me that some kind of energy monster sapped all my energy and magnified for my kids! Do you ever have days like that? I frequently seem to.
Back to the story, after a long day of carving and staining my new project (CAN"T WAIT TO POST IT!!!) I put the kiddos in the tub for a soap bubble scrub, and a relaxing 10 minutes away for me (yeah right!) I can hear them SPLASHING (against the rules) and SPITTING bath water out of their mouths (also against the rules, not to mention super gross). Instead of going in there to bust them I just listened as my 2 year old son lets out the most joyous laughter... he sounded like one of those laughing baby dolls, and even though there was still a MESS to clean up after, I loved to hear the sound of pure joy.
Here are a few other examples:
One thing I loved about living in the Midwest (or Mideast as I referred to it, because we were east of the Mississippi (by about a 1/2 mile)) was shopping at Aldi, not only were there great deals but I LOVED the names of the brands. i.e. Happy Farms Cheese, Chef's Cupboard, Happy Harvest Vegi's, Friendly Farms Dairy, L'oven Breads, Sweet Harvest Fruits, Baker's Treat Baking Goods, etc. I enjoyed buying the food because it sounded happy, and even though it was the same generic brands just like Western Family or Great Value, it made me secretly smile as I bought it.
Another example, when I was pregnant with my oldest, Leigha, I LOVED going to the doctor, and I think the Doctor I had made all the difference (Dr. Craig for those of you in Logan, Utah). I loved going to hear Leigha's heartbeat because Dr. Craig ALWAYS said she sounded happy. That made me feel so good, like I was a good momma (if only Dr. Craig was here to say that 6 years later).
I know Leigha's heartbeat was just a heartbeat and that Happy Farms string cheese is just string cheese, I also know that I have a mess to go clean up in the bathroom, but if the sound of happiness makes all the difference maybe I will giggle as I mop up the puddles :).

3 comments:

leave me some love