Monday, September 5, 2011

"And so Nauvoo, we say farewell to you"

My cute little family just moved from Nauvoo Illinois back to Utah (yay mountains!) to be close to family (yay family!).... It has been a wonderful change for our family, but Nauvoo will always very much be a huge part of our lives. My hubby and I met there 7 years ago (this Sunday... Happy Anniversary Love!). It was wonderful and we loved it there, the thing we miss most (other than the amazing friends we made) is the gorgeous LDS Temple.
Although we miss it one of the perks of being back in Utah has been being close to my Grandpa who has been teaching me leather work... I am a novice but I love it very much, and I love the time that I get to spend with him doing it together. As a reminder of our love of Nauvoo I tooled this temple for our little family to keep. I hope this helps my kids remember the feelings we had while we were there.

7 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE this! It amazing me what people can create. I can't wait to see what else you post on here :). Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! I could see it for sale here in Nauvoo! :) We sure do miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we miss you too! how are you feeling? Today at school Leigha made something for Jessica, and she has her picture right by her bed. I can't wait to hear from you sometime, I lost everyone's info when I had to get a new phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I GET ONE OF THOSE???!!! That is GORGEOUS! (So much better and even more beautiful that I was expecting!!!) I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That is beautiful!! Im greatful for the time you were here so we could meet and become friends. -Tally

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love