Friday, November 15, 2013

November Fifteenth... Baby it's cold outside!

This morning there was snow! Leigha wanted to race out and build a snowman like she did last time, but there was not time this morning so she had to wait until after school. The only problem with waiting until after school was that there was not nearly as much snow... especially in front of our apartment. No worries though my ingenuitive little girl just went to the back of the building and built one there. But, that was not good enough, it needed to be at the front of the building (so.... it can melt faster). So Leigha rolled the snow balls all the way around to the front (the long way).

In the meantime Conner was trying to help Leigha, he came to me:
Conner: "Mom, Leigha needs a carrot for the nose." I give him a carrot he sticks it straight in his mouth.
Mom: "I thought that was a nose?"
Conner: "Uhhh. I am going to need another one." I hand him another one and he sticks it straight in his mouth! (I am not too worried, because he is eating vegetables after all)
Me: "Do you NEED a nose or do you just WANT carrots?"
Conner: "I need a nose can I have another one?" I give him another one, he walks out the door, not 3 seconds later the door bell rings, his mouth is stuffed with carrots (the mini kind) "I need another one"

It was too funny! There is not a mini carrot in sight! Funny funny boy!

Back to Leigha... By the time she got it to the front (15 minutes later) it was about half the size, and the DIRTIEST snow ball you can imagine! She needed a little help to get it to its final resting place (right by our front door). She ran right inside because daddy had to see it, it took about 15 minutes for Don to have a break from homework to the point he could go out and see it, she opened the door, it was still there but there was a puddle too. I said "Leigha I think your snowman peed!" And no joke she goes "It's melting! (just like from wizard of oz!)" I LOVE these kids!

When they finally came in, the hot chocolate was warmed up and we enjoyed a cup together (hot chocolate is my winter meth... I am addicted!)

Day #15: I am grateful for silly chilly chillens... and andes peppermint hot chocolate to warm them up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh--I'm with you on the hot chocolate!! We had to buy a whole pack of 6- #10 cans last year from the cannery we go through it so much in the winter. We still have snow in our front yard if she needs more snow!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love