Thursday, February 20, 2014

Push up your cheeks and show your teeth!

Today I had an experience with Conner.... one that makes my heart melt and call everyone I know! Se were sitting there and I said: "How are you so cute?" Conner's response was awesome! He said:" I just push up my cheeks and show my teeth." I started to giggle and he said" Look! You can do it too!" I love him so much and he really does make me smile.

Lately I need to remember that I need to push up my cheeks and show my teeth a bit more. I love that he described it to me and that it was an action. I think I have gotten into the rut that happiness should just be there, and I forget that happiness is a choice and action.

I love in 2 Nephi 5:27 it says "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." It doesn't say and happiness was just there and we were happy or life was easy and we were happy. In the versus previous it talks about how they worked, how they found metals built a city and a temple, that was not easy but they were able to work and be happy. It talks about how they were separated from their brethren who had been disobedient and I am sure that there was a lot of pain that came with that, but they were able to work through it and be happy.

I am not having to build a civilization or be separated from the ones I love but I am ashamed to say that I have been struggling to be happy. I have put on hold things I was working on and I feel that I have been pushing people away and polarizing in my thoughts. These are both recognizable things that I do when I am not happy and I NEEDED that cute little reminder from my adorable son that happiness is something you do, something you choose and then it can become something that you are. So I am going to focus a bit more on Pushing up my cheeks and showing my teeth. :) I am also going to work harder to live after the manner of happiness. I know what makes me happy and I just need to make sure that I live!

Plus with these 2 cuties how could I not help but smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love