Monday, November 25, 2013

November Twenty Fifth... Even Though

Today I am so grateful for Don (I am grateful for him everyday). He went to work even though he was sick. I have noticed that there are a lot of even though things that Don does that shows me the type of man he truly is, and how much he loves us.
He goes to school even though it is not easy on us because of work, time, finances and so many other things. I am so proud of him that he has not given up on that goal even though it would have been easier to just get into the workplace.
He is such a hard worker even though the job he does has not been his dream job as of late. Things have gotten more difficult at work, but he works so hard in spite of it, and he does a fabulous job. He could use that time to do so many other things, but he is providing for us.
He is so kind and loving every day even though I know that he is tired and had to deal with a lot of problems. Plus he shows me he loves me even though sometimes I can be a huge brat.
He has set so many wonderful goals and even though some days he feels like giving up he never does. He is so strong.
He is patient with our kids (and with me) when I am not even though it would be easier for him to be upset as well. He is an amazing dad. Tonight he took Conner to the store with him even though it would not have taken as long if he had left him home. Conner told him that he loves to hang out with his dad(how cute is that?!) And even though he came back with treats I would not typically buy I am grateful that they got to spend that time together and have fun.
He supports me in my crazy ideas even though he might not see the ending from the beginning or understand the big picture that I am trying to accomplish. He helps me so much.
He lets me try and go to sleep first because I have a hard time falling asleep even though he might be really tired (I try not to let him do that).
He eats my cooking and compliments me on it even though most of my recipes are made up and sometimes we discover why there are recipes (most of the time the stuff is pretty awesome though). Or tells me that I am pretty even though my hair might not be done or I have a lot of other things strewn (or spewed) across my clothes.
I love to be with him and he does his best to make time for me even though he is stretched so thin with so many other things. He is amazing and I am so grateful for him. He is my best friend. He knows how to make me smile. He has stood by me and helped me and strengthen me. He is so sweet and thoughtful. I love him so incredibly much and even though life at times is hard and marriage is hard (for everyone) I am so grateful that he is my eternal companion.
I know he would not see these things as even thoughs because it is who he is, he doesn't see his love for us as a sacrifice, and that is another thing that I absolutely love about him.

Day #25: I am so grateful for Don.

p.s. Here is a funny story from today.: Conner's bike got stolen last night. I am not that upset about it. I only spent $4 on it and I figure the person who wanted must have really wanted it because they left the razor scooter, Leigha's bike and the bike lock ( I spent more on the bike lock than the bike). I did not realize that the last time we put the bike away Conner left the key in the lock.
Conner does not like his bike. I was still a little nervous to tell him. We were doing speech and one of the words he had to practice was bicycle, I decided that was the perfect segway to telling him about his bike. here is how it went:
Me: Speaking of bikes I have some sad news to tell you, I am sorry but your bike was stolen last night.
Conner: no way! You promise?
He then races outside to make sure that his dreams had come true. I was just glad he was not crushed, and I hope the little boy who has it now will like it more than Conner, and who knows maybe next year I can find a $4 bike he will actually like.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny about Conner-- but where do you find $4 bikes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savers in Orem, you can sometimes find them at the DI in Provo too

      Delete

leave me some love