Saturday, November 9, 2013

November Eighth... My cup runneth over

Tonight little miss Leigha got to go on a date with Miley and Mason (thank you so much). It was the funniest thing to watch her get ready. She changed her outfit 3 times (she even wore a scarf), she coordinated her purse, she brushed her hair, she put on lip gloss, she brushed her teeth, she sprayed herself with febreeze (yep you read that right... let the giggling commence). She was so excited she went in and out of the apartment every 5 minutes for an hour and then sat at the window like a puppy dog. She said it felt like an anniversary or special occasion and she wanted to impress Miley, it was SO funny!

Because she got to go to a movie that meant that Conner had the run of the house and he was equally excited to get to play the wii with mommy. He lined up the disk, he made sure the volume on the tv would be just right, he changed the batteries in the wii-motes, he asked every 3 minutes when Leigha was going to go so he could start to have his night too. When daddy started playing the wii I thought we might have full out tears as we waited our turn. We played cars in the meantime and Conner roll played that the daddy car was taking over the game... it was pretty funny (and hopefully it helped Conner work through some things too).

I get to spend A LOT of time with my little guy, and I cherish every moment! He is the first to wake up of everyone else which means every morning he comes in and snuggles me (unless by some miracle I am working out, then he comes to cheer me on). He tells me secrets all day, and every time it is the same one:
Conner: Wanna hear a secret?
Mommy: Absolutely! (bending down to get a hug as well
Conner: I love everything about you! Do you want to tell me a secret?
Mommy: Absolutely!
Conner: I know I know, I love everything about you, it is always I love everything about you

It has gotten to the point where all we have to say to each other is wanna hear a secret and an immense amount of love pours out without even hearing the words.

I LOVE Don with all my heart, and I adore my precious Leigha, but there is something about my boy that just fills me up and my cup runneth over with love. (ready for a sappy video? this song seriously is in my head all the time with Conner and I find myself randomly singing it to him ((more broadway stuff... I know I have a problem)) ... welcome to my mind)

(here is proof for the pudding... this picture was taken and edited over 3 years ago... but seriously with cuties like that how could my cup not run over?)

I cannot pin point just one thing I love about this kid, because I just LOVE it all (except maybe the whole wii obsession that gets to be a bit much at times, and he is about the laziest little guy in the world) I love his energy and excitement and pure joy at simple things, like making a ring toss... you cannot see it here but the one he hit before he yelled: Boo-ya take that! (this is in the library on Halloween... doesn't the wig just reveal so much of his personality?)



I love that his favorite number is 1,089... I have no idea why but it is just great. I love that he loves to be kind and be a good friend. I love that he loves to be with me (except shopping, but even then he is good), but that he also knows how to keep himself entertained and be happy. I love that he is brave and strong and knows what he wants and challenges himself to do it (except for riding a bike, he has no desire for that and when he has no desire he is as stubborn as a mule)
This was Conner today, he just started jumping off the swing on his own.

I love that he is smart and can make the coolest connections. Here is a conversation from a few weeks ago:
(driving up Spruce by the construction yard)
Conner: Look mom a crane!
Mommy: Yeah, good job buddy.
Conner: Speaking of cranes, I have something important I need to do today.
Mommy: (quite surprised that her little man is acting SO grown up, and slightly giggling) Oh yeah? What is that?
Conner: I need to watch a movie.
Mommy: (now laughing out loud) How does a crane remind you you need to watch a movie?
Conner: Kung Fu Panda mom... crane... crane... duh.
Mommy: (now just laughing) what happened to my little guy?
Conner: I turned five.

I love that Conner loves music and is always singing and dancing, he has ALWAYS loved music (need more proof? too bad you are going to get it!)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1332225512964&l=6371036326939864252

that is Conner "singing" grenade (or whatever it is called) with my nephew Tanner


Plus he is Super handsome!

I could go on and on and on about my little man... but I will constrain myself to say:

Day #8: I am grateful for Conner Eoghan Squire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love