Wednesday, November 16, 2011

D-day (is that appropriate?)

Last night I got kinda emotional.... again (but really only having two break downs through this is not bad at all) and I know it was just because I was tired. I went to R.S. to teach a class I signed up to do 3 months ago on how to make birds nest necklaces and I think I did too much. I came home and was just so sore and tired, and embarrassed for the way I looked and sounded, and the way my hands would shake and not function properly. It was hard because I love making birds nest necklaces and it made me think of all the things I love (and that help me feel better) that will be so hard to do now.... leather work, zen doodling, painting, rendering, painting walls and furniture, and to a much lesser extent looking pretty (but Don and I have been brainstorming ways we can still have nice family pictures, they will just have to be themed so I can have my eyes covered... we are thinking pirates, international spies, jail profile pictures and so on, so this could really be a good thing). My sweet and amazing husband was there to hold me, to listen to me, and to cheer me up. We played a fun game... Who can find the best 90's love ballad to describe our relationship? I cheated and chose Faithfully by Journey (who can't win with that one?) but I think Don took the cake when he chose Amazed by Lonestar. I found it funny that we spoke to each others music genre instead of our own... I chose classic rock for him and he chose country for me (we are just so good together!). So all in all I went to bed happy after my sweet husband made me smile, held me, and we ate a whole bag of mint m&m's.
This morning we go back to the Neurologist... we will drop Leigha off at school and head straight for the hospital. I am calling today D Day, I don't know if it is appropriate (most likely not) but for me I am really hoping it is Diagnosis Day. I hate to say I am scared because that leaves less room for faith, so I will say that I am nervous about what the verdict will be. Do I really want myasthenia gravis? No, I really do not. Can I live with myasthenia gravis? I absolutely can, and still be happy and live a full life. So this is me stating to the world and to myself that: NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I KNOW IT IS RIGHT AND I CAN HANDLE IT!!!!
I have a lot of questions that I hope will be answered in just one short hour.... thank you again for all the prayers on me and my families behalf... we love you!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, You are AMAZING!! Your faith and trust in Heavenly Father is powerful and you are such a great example to us all! Whatever you find out today just remember that your family and friends love you! Your Father in Heaven loves you! What ever your D-day brings, you are right, you WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT! But on those days that you might feel like you can't give us a call, we can always help!

    Thanks for being such an inspiration of faith to me!

    -Jen Kajma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! This is so crazy, I am impressed with your faith and humor through the waiting period. I actually enjoyed reading your last several posts. It sounds pretty scary but also like you have the perspective to recognize how the Lord is protecting and blessing you through it all. You are doing amazing things and your children are very sweet and beautiful looking. -Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was VERY worried about you overdoing it last night, but honestly you looked terrific and very in control, I have no idea how you did it. I'm so glad that you have such a good husband to take care of you and comfort you. What a blessing! I'm thankful for YOU and look up to you and your example! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ready for your diagnosis too! I hate seeing you like this, and I want them to get you on a road to remission! I am happy to help with whatever you need, don't hesitate to ask. You are a strong mama! Love, Jenna

    ReplyDelete

leave me some love